[16.10] Displays are lost/broken after video card upgrade

Hello,

Ever since I found out that modern motherboards support dual head natively I had recently “upgraded” to such setup. Today however I have plugged in a ATI Radeon HD7450 yet I am facing some difficulties getting my old displays configuration just right.

Let me explain: I am a weirdo when it comes to my displays in the sense that one is a 16:9 and the other one a 4:3. Perhaps the weidest to some is how I set my 16:9 screen down 90 degrees in portrait mode.

Now that presentations have been made, that portait/regular setup was working fine until ATI upgrade, yet I believe that my video card is detected and working fine:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]
Kernel driver in use: radeon

Speaking of that said problem, when I switch my 16:9 to portrait mode and Apply displays goes FUBAR. That screen becomes filled up with video artifacts while the 4:3 remains totally black. Reverting back to original settings I am now facing the video artifacts of my screen model and size on each of my displays.

Thanks in advance,

Hi @DLS,

take a look here first then get back to us:

Have you run any fixes in “Welcome”?. :smiley:

Welcome > Software > Fixes > Fix broken etc!. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @wolfman

Thanks a bunch for that nice article however per this paste, the radeon driver is already installed:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]
Kernel driver in use: radeon

Also, looking under “Additional drivers” does not show me anything related to video cards.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @DLS,

did you try the “fixes” I mentioned?. :smiley:

Ooooh right, sorry for missing that out.

I did tried running everything from this window and yet the problem remains.

Also, this thread is marked as solved but is not. Not sure on how to unmark this?

Please advise,

DLS

Hi @DLS,

try reading through the update guide and run “dpkg” (a Network cable Connection is required):

Which drivers did you install for your graphics card and where did you get them from?.