Default theme, green again?

Hi! Well, I’ve never liked the color green for an OS. I prefer blue, like on KDE or GNOME. So I’d like to suggest that in the next version of Ubuntu MATE, it includes a version with blue instead of green, a soft and beautiful blue. Also the folders/icons, it would be nice to have a theme like so which would be a blue similar to the theme of the system. I don’t know why so many distros keep adopting the green as standard (Manjaro, Linux Mint, Ubuntu MATE…), but I think it’s a personal thing…

Best regards,
Renan Rischiotto

2 Likes

I think Ubuntu MATE is green because its basis MATE uses green as its branding colour, isn’t it?

If you are using 17.04 perhaps you should take a look at the packet
numix-blue-gtk-theme
You can install it from the official repo. Numix is also available with red color (numix-gtk-theme).

I just do it myself:

Theme is Traditional OK, icons are Fog. Desktop wallpaper is just a blue gradient I found somewhere.

1 Like

Take a look at the GTK3 theme Arc, - it comes in a number of variants, one of them is blue.

Hi @Rearis! I share your opinion on preferring blue themes instead of green and would like to see some blue in default setup.

I always try to mix some themes together and always end up with blue at the end.

My current theme is mix of Arc-Dark (installed trough Synaptic), Blue Submarine window borders (I think) as you can see on photo and icon set Ambient-Blue-MATE from a member of this forum, found here

1 Like

Personally I like the puke green color theming of Ubuntu MATE. XD It’s green cause it’s name after yerba mate, in case you didn’t know already!

But since this is Linux you can change anything you like. I’m not sure exactly how to install a blue theme, but it looks like a bunch of people have already replied with advice. You can easily change things around until you get a nice, mellow blue theme you really like. I don’t know about offering a blue theme at install. I never heard of blue yerba mate tea. :laughing:

I just wish everything was green, even the window close button, for instance. :slight_smile:

1 Like