Dropbox won't launch

Currently running Mate 16.04 and can’t seem to get Dropbox to launch from boutique software center.
Every time I click on launch nothing happens.
Any ideas how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

try changing your software sources download location then run the following terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) command:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get remove caja-dropbox && sudo apt-get install caja-dropbox

See also:

1 Like

Caja needs a restart before Dropbox works completely. If in doubt log out and in again.

Also, make sure you just have Caja Dropbox installed. It is specifically designed to integrate with MATE, if you have regular Dropbox installed it should be removed.

I ran terminal commands as per wolfman after which a dialog box came up saying that caja had to be restarted. I clicked on the restart button in the dialog box, but again, nothing happened.

Try running the following terminal commands (Ctrl + Alt + t) and restart if anything updates!:

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

That did it… dropbox is now up and running.

Thank You,
Bruce

1 Like

Hi @Bruce_Reimel,

please mark as solved so it helps others with the same problem!: (Put a tick in the box for the best answer!). :thumbsup: