Eclipse Problems on MATE

Hello guys,
This is my very first time to install an ubuntu distribution on my pc. I installed Ubuntu 16.04 mate. I’m having a problem with my Eclipse java development environment.
When I create a class in my java project, the wizard does not complete creating the class and does not terminate with any error…it ‘hangs’ until i terminate it via the terminal.
What should I do?

Hi @Lemmah,

you are aware that UM 16.04 is still in the dev stage at the moment and may not be useful for day to day usage as a running OS?. :confused:

If you are a beginner, I suggest you read through the guides in the how-to’s and tuts section of the forum and you may well have to wait for all the little bugs to be ironed out of UM 16.04 at the end of April!. :smiley:

Here is a good place to start which also gives tips about software and updating (see other links in the guide!)!:

1 Like

Thanks a lot mehn. This is very useful for an ubuntu noob like me…

1 Like

Hi, i had the same problem, i failed to solve. The solution i found was to install netbeans, following the instructions in https://netbeans.org/community/releases/81/install.html#install_windows

1 Like