Is bionic coming to raspberry pi 3?

Just got curious. It would be really nice to see ubuntu mate run in my raspberry pi.

Yes it will come. From what i know now it’s in the works.

1 Like

Mark your calendar for July. From the release notes:

We’re planning on releasing Ubuntu MATE images for the Raspberry Pi around the time 18.04.1 is released, which should be sometime in July. It takes about a month to get the Raspberry Pi images built and tested and we simply didn’t have time to do it in time for the April release of 18.04.

3 Likes

I have marked July in my calendar and waited for 18.04.1 to be released.

Can you give me an expected time foe 18.04 for rapsberrypi 2 & 3.

Also raspberrypi 3B+.

Thank ou.

Do you have an expected time of arrival?

I personally don’t work on the Raspberry Pi edition, but I heard from @Wimpy it’s been slightly delayed (18.04.1) but it is an improvement over the 16.04 version.

I just spent most of the day doing an upgrade from 17.10 to 18.04.1 - the only thing I had to manually fix was apache2/php7.

Okay, so it took 7 hours …

root@Moya:~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
root@Moya:~# uname -a
Linux Moya 4.14.58-v7+ #1130 SMP Thu Jul 26 14:30:50 BST 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Maybe it was delayed, due to the Pi 3B+'s arrival?

I have started preparing PI images based on Ubuntu MATE 18.04.1. I’ve hit more issues than in the past and I have not had as much free time recently which is delaying the release.

3 Likes

Oh no! Before you know it, when 20.04 LTS is released, 18.04 will be released! :unamused:

Here’s an update on the Raspberry Pi 18.04 builds. To avoid duplicate topics, let’s stick to one topic.

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/status-of-ubuntu-mate-18-04-for-raspberry-pi-3-b-b/18054/6?u=lah7