Is cpufreqd installed by Ubuntu-MATE 14.10?

I’ve solved my problem, but posting this because I’m not sure it should have happened, especially in light of the current stage of 15.04 development …

My long-term laptop Dell Vostro 1720 ( because: 1920x1200 :wink: ) seemed noisier post Ubuntu-MATE (14.10).

CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor (1.8.0) showed 2.27MHz whenever on AC power, even when idle. Fans blaring. Options were click-able but had no effect, it was stuck on onDemand. But always running at 100%.

cpufreq-info shows:
current policy: frequency range between 2.27MHz and 2.27Mhz!

Some Google’ing found this - see last post. I tried removing cpufreqd and … PEACE :relieved: And options on CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor take effect!

So my questions are:

• Does Ubuntu 14.10 drag in cpufreqd?
  • And if it did should it have?
  • And should 15.04, etc?

If the answer to that last question is Yes, then I think we’ll need a documented (or GUI) way to make it work at least as well as the default case (no cpufreqd).

If the answers are all No, then I’ll submit a Bug Report.

TIA.

@layingback cpufreqd was included in the 14.04 and 14.10 iso in error. It has since been removed from the meta packages and can be safely removed.

Great! No problem. Just wanted to be sure that this was known and dealt with in time for 15.04.

@Wimpy Re your post in this Category. Could be useful for you to add a link to show where Bug Reports should be filed pls? Perhaps also include a link where one could Search for existing open/closed bug reports? TIA.