Mate 17.10 Mutiny desktop libreoffice 6.02 icons in the dock continue to flash after application starts

Hi
The icons for libreoffice 6.02 in the dock in Mate 17.10 Mutiny continue to flash after the application has started. The Icons are fine with the default install of libreoffice which I think is 5.4. This has only occurred after I updated libreoffice and only with the libreoffice Icons.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

open LibreOffice Writer > Tools > Options > Advanced and take out the tick disabling Java. Restart LO Writer:

I'm not sure if it will help?. :smiley:

Thanks for the reply Wolfman. I tried that and restarted the machine and still the same result.

HI Steve,

try changing your software sources update location and run updates again, it might help?:

And what GPU do you have and have you installed any drivers for it?:

How to install graphics card drivers in Ubuntu :smiley:

Hi Wolfman

I used a PPA to install the latest version of LO. My graphics is an integrated Intel graphics so no problems with proprietary drivers.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

take the tick out of the PPA for LO (see pic below "Software & Updates") then run the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) and restart your PC:

sudo apt install libreoffice

Let us know how you get on. :smiley:

It’s not an immediate solution, but the dock applet used by the mutiny layout has been worked on since 17.10, and the new version uses a different method to match icons to applications. (I believe it’s the same library that was used by Unity.) This version is included in 18.04, so if you upgrade when that’s released it may solve this issue.

I have tried removing the ppa and installing but it takes me back to 5.4 of LO but it does fix the icon problem. I think I’m going to try the beta of 18.04. From what I understand the betas for Mate are usually pretty stable.

Cheers

Steve

HI Steve,

18.04 is good to go, there will be countless updates prior to the official launch but it works well, I am using it now!. :smiley:

What PPA were you using?, was it a direct link to LO’s own repo?. :smiley:

You could try reactivating the PPA again, now that the main body is installed (the libreoffice package), it may well work correctly?. :smiley:

Hi Wolfman

I’ve upgraded to 18.04 and it is working fine no problem with the icons. I was using the LO ppa.

Cheers

Steve

1 Like

Well in the ultimate disro hop I moved to Mate 18.04 beta 1 for 12 hours, and now I’m back on 17.10. :smiley: Generally I think the 18.04 beta is pretty solid but I had problems with the different panels. When I saved them they would change and I couldn’t get them just right. I will have to spin it up in a Virtual Box and see if I can log some bug reports. So the upshot of all of this is that I still have the same problem with Mutiny. I’m currently running with Cupertino which still give me the universal menu and the HUD.

If anyone has any ideas on the problem I’d be glad to try them.

Cheers

Steve