PRINT JOB doesn't arrive to the printer

Hi there! 2nd day with my Macpro 1,1 and Ubuntu Mate and i have some basilar thing to solve before to say iā€™m happyā€¦
here the question:
12.785s udev-configure-printer@-devices-pci0000:00-0000:00:1d.7-usb1-1\x2d3.service
i have a Hp8720 multifunction network printer and my system print in it but only basic stuff (no double sided prints, no scansā€¦)
But the first problem is my Canon IR1820, a Big printer copier via USB that Ubuntu recognize by itself and CUPS too, i configured indeed, this printer with his driver kept in the Cups database.
The fact: i launch the print jobs but nothing happensā€¦ after a while the print jobs disappear from the spooler an thats all folks!!
Any idea?
Many thanks

Hi @Alessandro_Graldi,

:smiley: check the following out then get back to us:

Thanks, after our suggestion i found the hplip-gui driver interface by HP, i firstly tryout a ā€œchimpā€ terminal install but the right way i suggest to the HP users is to follow the HP support site about Unix/Linux users, step by step i downloaded their last version of HPLIP then configured and now finally i have my Officejet Pro 8720 Multifunction perfectly printing, scanning and faxing.

1 Like

Now iā€™m looking to solve the Canon IR2018 that itā€™s saw by the Operating system but the print jobs wonā€™t arrive to the printer, i see that also Canon has a Unix/Linux users support site with the possibility to download their own drivers, but theyā€™re .deb and i must get the ability to use the instruments to make and configure these packages, iā€™m readin somethin but i do not find a step by step guide completely well descripted for such a Newbie as i am. ;D

Hi Alessandro,

for Canon look here: :smiley:

Thx Wolfman, finally i find tar.gz files with witch i tried some install before, so i feel confident to do the job.

Hi Alessandro,

if you download a .deb file, all you need to do is double click it, Ubuntu Mate uses Gdebi by default and it will install assuming it is the correct package with all the dependencies!. :smiley:

Noo!! too easy! i canā€™t believe! ;D , jokes apart, will try so soon many thanks, and excuse me for the questions that can seem to basilar to anyone here, but i you can understand, coming from a golden cage as osx, @ 52yo learning all that new stuff, not i my language, in a new world with all these differences of distributions and whatever, itā€™s not easy, but i like to learn always, just to keep myself young forever!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks twice Wolfman, i did it! now i print with all the printers!

1 Like