PulseAudio Equalizer randomly goes to full volume

Not only that, it creates the weirdest sounds out of whatever is playing at the time. Startling, but kind of entertaining.

But I’d really like suggestions re how to figure out what’s going on :confused:

I’ve not used an equalizer but recall this informative post from @tiox:

Hope it helps.

Thanks!

Have replaced it with your suggestion.

@dustpuppy
I Love my audio and I have upgraded on PulseAudio EQ and now use PulseEffects FlatPak

I tried to compile it without luck so I just went and installed it via flatpak just to give it a go and I am glad that I did. Now It is one of the first things I do on any install.

if interested give it a go and I bet you never go without

Having trouble with the FlatPak stuff.

Point me at a good how-to? :grinning:

Here’s a how-to.

Thanks muchly. :grinning:

Doesn’t work, sorry to say.
After successfully (?) adding the PPA the install command gets this:

E: Unable to locate package flatpak

Check to see if you actually added the ppa by using Software & Updates, Other Software. The ppa you added should be listed there.

Hopefully you read the directions on the addictivetips page above. First do sudo apt update and then do sudo apt install flatpak.

Other than that, I have no further suggestions for you. I don’t use flatpaks myself. Good luck dustpuppy.

FlatPak

https://flathub.org/

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
sudo apt update; sudo apt install flatpak

add FlatPak remote repo

flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

PulseEffects install

flatpak install flathub com.github.wwmm.pulseeffects

and to run it the first time

flatpak run com.github.wwmm.pulseeffects/x86_64/stable

after this you will get an icon under sound or maybe it was already there but this will definitely start it the first time.

sorry for the later response I was not notified

This, perhaps, is a solution ; but not very good because PulseEffects consume too many processor time !

Yeah, not much as you might think