Sound mutes every 5 minutes

I have a RaspberryPi3 running the latest Mate. I’m using perl to directly play a list of mp3s through the gstreamer framework. This same program works fine on any other flavor of ubuntu, and I’ve been using it successfully for more than a year now on a variety of systems and flavors of Linux.

It runs fine on the Pi…for about 5 minutes. I’m not sure of the exact time, because something changes during a song playing - but doesn’t “take effect” until the song ends and the next begins…at which point there is silence.

At first I thought the gstreamer crashed or memory leaked…but I can make the sound come back simply by opening the sound preferences, selecting mute, waiting for a few seconds, then un-muting it. It comes right back…for about another five minutes.

I’ve been through dconf-editor, all the power and screensaver settings are correct.

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: It’s not a gstreamer problem…I changed the script to send the mp3s to mpg321…it plays fine, but eventually mutes as well.

Hi @Geekgirl ,

have you done a full system update and also tried changing your software sources download location to see if that helps?:

sorry, but after a lot of work and effort and trying everything…I just switched to Raspbian :frowning: