Sound Preferences issue in 15.10

This is unusual. I have two different machines with 15.10 x64 installed on each. On one of them, I can go into Sound Preferences and change the Alert Volume, close the dialog, reboot, and the setting stays the same. On another machine, if I change the Alert Volume and close the dialog, the next time I open the dialog it will be back at 0. Anyone else experience this?

I can verify serious weirdness with the sound preferences. I’ve done several installs of 15.10 x64 and, just when I think I’ve nailed down the problem, I reboot and my volume is reset (at 50% for me) as well as the input and output devices. I was so sure it was Psensor and/or lm-sensors that I filed a bug report, but I just experienced it again with a clean install and neither of those applications.

So is there a text file somewhere that I can edit to see if the setting will stick?

I am having this same issue with 15.10 :scream:; the last part of this post, below, is about, precisely the same issue. I hope this is a good way to intermingle this problem - with maximum resolution potential.

Thanks to all involved! :sweat_smile: