[Resolved] Theme issues after re-install

So the other day, I had to reinstall Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 due to a “slight” mishap with the removal of the Unity desktop (method of removal used took everything with it), and since, the themes have not been working at all (icons, windows, ect.)

Would anyone happen to know a way to resolve this issue? (Sadly reinstalls and updates haven’t fixed the issue)

Thank you all for your time

Given where you are right now, by far and away, your best course of action would be to fully reinstall with Ubuntu Mate proper.

Hi @Flamestar,

try running the following terminal command first (Ctrl + Al t+ t):

sudo apt-get install mate-desktop-environment-extras mate-core && sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-mate-themes && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-mate-themes

Then try logging out and back in or restarting!.

If that fails, try the following guide and do as @stevecook172001 suggests, a fresh install BUT DON’T FORMAT YOUR HOME!:

2 Likes

If you mean do a fresh install of Ubuntu MATE, I’m afraid I’ve already done that a few times now, manually wiped out the partition and all that

I’ll give this a try as soon as I get back home and report back

1 Like

It seems that this worked perfectly. Thank you for helping me with this issue! (o^▽^o)

I’m gonna make sure to fix up a Bash script of that command chain just in case I ever have this issue again.

Thanks again for everything!

1 Like

Hi @Flamestar,

I’m glad it helped!. :thumbsup: