Thoughts on Ubuntu MATE Discord server?

Hey guys, it’s Jacob. I am thinking of making a Discord server for casual chats, and for real-time support. There will be tech support, chat, and some other channels. There would be a private patreon-only channel also.

I think this might be a good way to allow users to communicate more comfortably. I think this community is awesome, but sometimes not everyone wants (or is in a situation) to open their browser and go to this community. Especially on mobile devices. I think Discord will make the communication process a lot quicker, as there are people who live in multiple timezones also.

What do you guys think?

Hi all not sure what Discord server is but the idea sounds fantastic, it would be good to talk to people any were around the world at any time, may help me to learn Spanish easier laughing thank ou coolpolygons appreciation for your wonderful endeviours

Discord isn’t something I’d actually want to use because of time constraints. I prefer Discourse as it works well on both mobile and desktop, while topics stay structured and there’s less chances of people repeating knowledge.

There was a community-led Discord server some time ago, but I don’t know how successful it was:

But as there is a benefit for real-time support and casual chats, I wouldn’t object to one.

1 Like

I’ve tried this. There are some people in my “server” but there is a Discord Linux guild I’ll invite you to later.

I assure you, you’ll feel more at home there.