Ubuntu MATE 15.04 on f2fs filesystem image for Samsung 32GB micro-sd

I’ve made an image of the normal Ubuntu MATE 15.04 for Raspbery Pi but using the f2fs filesystem. Everything else is identical to the normal image. Because you can not resize a f2fs filesystem you will need a Samsung 32GB Evo micro SD card (class 10) to use this image. This image may also work on other 32GB micro-sd cards.

The f2fs file system should extend the life of your micro-sd card. As a bonus, it is also often faster. It is purpose built for flash. I have found it to be very reliable.

The exact same install instructions appy. Basically download, and then:
bunzip2 ubuntu-mate-15.04-desktop-armhf-raspberry-pi-2-f2fs.img.bz2
sudo ddrescue -d -D --force ubuntu-mate-15.04-desktop-armhf-raspberry-pi-2-f2fs.img /dev/sdX

You can download the torrent from here:
Ubuntu Mate 15.04 on f2fs filesystem for 32GB Samsung micro-sd

The original install instructions for Ubuntu MATE on Raspberry Pi can be found here:
Ubuntu MATE for the Raspberry Pi 2

Be careful using f2fs. The OSMC project tried using it, but dumped it in favour of EXT4. This was about 6 months ago, so maybe f2fs has improved. (At that time, I don’t think that f2f2 supported fsck. I see that offline fsck is now supported)

I have now released an update 16.04 image.
https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/ubuntu-mate-16-04-on-f2fs-filesystem-image-for-noobs-8gb-micro-sd/5441