Update failed after fresh installation of ubuntu mate

After installing I started update…but update failed…tried several time but failed every time…tried both servers Indian server and main server for downloading the update also!!!..please help

it is saying check ur internet connection........but it is connected....i can browse any sites .....watch youtube videos....etc......but it is saying network problem.

only this update is failing

Hi @Hemanta_g, You might try changing your update server to anything else. The "Other" opens a dialog to choose any server in the world or start a search for "Best Server", which can take awhile.

This is just to try another server. It could be a lot of things. It may even correct itself.

2 Likes

ok…i will update the status after trying different update servers…thanks

thanks ........update was successful.......but it still has some issues..........i have to choose 'Best Server' every time before updating.........when i update without selecting 'Best Server' it Fails to download REPOSITORY Information......and although i i connected Ubuntu-mate welcome is saying it requires an Internet connection to update.......

I am using UBUNTU-MATE 17.10

ok......problem solved after updating UBUNTU-MATE Welcome

See also for future reference. :smiley:

i’m having the e same problem, except, I followed all these steps and when i go to change the server, it give me a prompt that says this :

The information about available software is out-of-date

To install software and updates from newly added or changed sources, you have to reload the information about available software.

You need a working internet connection to continue.

And when i do do it, it says there is no internet connection.