16.04 Ubuntu Mate Welcome untrusted sources

I can confirm this is happening on my machine too, and I’m not going through virtual box. Hang on… Sorry, I may have got confused. I’m getting the “This requires installing packages from unauthenticated sources.” and it’s specifically a problem with the Welcome app. Everything else updates fine. Sorry, probably should put this in a new thread.

Topic moved to a new thread

Which packages did you attempt to install?

Does the problem go away if you update the sources?
(Boutique → Fixes → Update Sources List)

I have the same problem on a Lenovo Thinkpad X61. The Welcome package simply won’t update due to an untrusted packages error. Updating the sources list or fixing broken packages through the boutique won’t help. Strangely, the welcome package updates correctly on my T460.

I still get the same error message. The Welcome package simply won't update due to an untrusted package error. The first four entries got installed, however not the last one specifically relating to the Welcome package. I have these issues with a Lenovo Thinkpad X61. So currently it says in my Software Boutique: Version 16.04.9

And when clicking on Upgrade installed packages in the Software Boutique I get a similar message looking like this:

I think the signing key is missing, in other words, the PPA wasn’t added properly. Try manually deleting the PPA in Software & Updates under the Other Software tab.

Then, click on the subscribe to the updates button or add the PPA via the terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mate-dev/welcome
1 Like

Thanks a lot @lah7, problem is solved! Did it work for you @majagray75?

1 Like