18.04 Double Clicking Menu Bar Doesn't Maximize

You’re very kind. Solaar runs fine, and it does see the k400r. Solaar
seems to be a connection tool, but it doesn’t configure either the
device or the server. On Windows, there is configuration software that
isn’t available on Linux. Somehow there seems to be a difference in
timing between touching the touchpad and clicking the left click
button. I suspect it is the driver, but I can’t say that for sure.

I think I may be able to fix it by editing .xdefaults. There is an attribute called muticlicktime. I thinik I need to copy the .xresouces database to create xdefaults, change that, then merge the databases. It’s daunting; so I may leave it for now. If I understood x better, I might give it a go. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=128653

Before you start messing around with files, take a look at the touchpad settings first!:

:smiley:

Thank you so much. I don’t seem to be able to find a touchpad pane. In my Control Center I have a mouse section, but no touchpad. Is it somewhere else?

In assistive technologies, I’ve set the mouse double-click timeout to its maximum. I must still click slowly, but it’s greatly improved. Thank you so very much.

Hi Mikey,

is this solved for you now?, we can make it as such so it may help others!. :smiley:

Absolutely, we can close this. Setting the click speed to maximum helps a lot. I want to thank you for all your attention. You really are a good friend. I just love this community. Cheers.

1 Like