20.04 download for GPD MicroPC

Hi there!
Will the new Ubuntu Mate 20.04. also be available for GPD MicroPC soon? -> https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/gpd_micropc/

Thanks,
J.

Welcome! I'm not aware of any fixed timelines, but I know our project leader has ran on a poll on YouTube on what to live stream next:

(1) "Desktopify Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi" - a live stream series to create a script that you can run on a Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu server and it will augment it to run a desktop flavour of your choice, including appropriate tweaks to optimise for desktop.

(2) "Ubuntu MATE 20.04 images for GPD devices" - a live stream series to update the tooling and then build/test/publish new images for the family of GPD devices.

At the moment, the poll is more in favour on seeing 20.04 updates for the Raspberry Pi first.

Even though there isn't a 20.04 "ready to go" image yet, you can upgrade from 18.04 since it is the same as the PC/Mac version.

1 Like

Thanks @lah7 for your reply!
I managed to install Mate 20.04 on my brandnew GPD MicroPC via upgrade function after installing 19.10 before.
Everything works fine and look good! :relaxed: :hugs:

1 Like