[22.04] Reclaiming 1/3rd of my task bar. Or can I?

I understand that this big grey blob at the end-right side is ~1/3rd of my taskbar that is reserved for adding such cool things as sticky notes, a disk mounter, perhaps a fish or a pair of eyes to look at my cursor alongside many other fun things.

But what if I don't care about it?

What if I am the type of psycho who has 3432764 windows opened simultaneously and would like for my bottom taskbar to just show the statuses of my currently opened windows (And that set of virtual desktops)?

Is there anything I could do to make it more... useful for me? Or is it lost forever?

PS: This is what I'm talking about:

Thanks for your fast reply.

Issuing mate-panel --reset made both of my bars (top and down ones) disappear and now I am left with no brisk menu, no time, nothing. :frowning:

Issuing mate-tweak inside a terminal (Yes CTRL+T did worked) I was able to access the panel option, select (for example) "traditional" and then applying it did brought back my bars, YES!

Also, those 2x virtual desktops preview icons are now much better in terms of scaling.

Thank you! Not sure if for the other part this would be bug qualified....?

It seems that this was a residual UI glitch that gotten fixed upon resizing the object.

Thanks @Xolvix for your help <3