About install google-chrome

Hi all,

Raspberry Pi3 Model B

Since there is problem on running Firefox, please advise the correct way installing google-chrome on Ubuntu-mate.

On googling I found many different suggestion and I hesitate which direction shall I go?

Thanks

satimis

I believe the problem with firefox is for newer versions. The community here, seems to have come the consensus that running an older version is the way to go, for now.

Based on the “Welcome” application in Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS for the Raspberry Pi, I thought that installing google-chrome did not work and that installing ‘chromium’ is the accepted workaround and although, I have not tried it, I believe you can just:

sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

Hi,

I followed below link:
[Tutorial] - Install working chromium 50
Tips, Tricks and Tutorials
Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

installing Google Chome on Ubuntu Mate. It is now running. One strange thing is I couldn’t start Yahoo Mail.

Warning

Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail.
UpgradeGoogle Chrome
UpgradeFirefox
Continue using Classic Mail.  [Try it later]
You should plan on upgrading your browser soon.

I have google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb download. I haven’t installed it yet. I wonder whether it can run on armshf

Please advise. Thanks

I’ll downgrade Yahoo later and come back afterwards

Regards
satimis

Hi all,

Now I have firefox-dbg_49.0.2+build2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_arm64.deb download. If this is the right package to downgrade I’ll perform;

$ sudo apt --purge remove firefox
Then
$ sudo dpkg -i firefox-dbg_49.0.2+build2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_arm64.deb

Please advise. Thanks

A further question how to prevent upgade Firefox on future running;
$ sudo apt update ; sudo apt upgrade

Regards
satimis