Add in a new capability

I’d like to have the capability for marking the original post solved in the in the Tips, Tricks and Tutorials section.

Currently the original post must have a response to reveal the solution box.

1 Like

Everything in that section(s) is already solved.

1 Like

Yes I suppose from the back end and a moderator's view doing that might seem redundant...however there's no visual box shown

This example shows one post with solution and 2 others blank. The one indication solution was effected by me adding a reply post just to show the post as solved.

I thought this was solved? You checked the solution and I gave you a like. So now I take back my like and you should take back the solution. That said…

Such forum changes can only be done by Admin. Have to wait for @lah7 to come along and give you an answer.

1 Like

Yes, I did mark it solved, but didn’t previously remember seeing any solutions so I double checked and then made the additional comment … not really a big deal as your original comment still holds[quote=“v3xx, post:2, topic:6541, full:true”]
Everything in that section(s) is already solved.
[/quote]

Just maybe I’m being too anal :open_mouth:

I’m confused what you guys are talking about here…

The solved feature is designed for use on support requests, development discussions or any other topic where a question has a best answer that would help another user jump straight to it. It’s not supposed to be a fancy a tick for every topic, like those in the Tips & Tutorials section, as such topics shouldn’t need a solution.

I just went round and unmarked some solutions, since it’s not necessary and actually a bit confusing. :confused:

For the original question, there isn’t an option for marking the first post as solved.

3 Likes

Or are you over thinking things Peter!. :smiley:

1 Like