After taking power out of Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu won't boot correctly

Been searching the internet for a while now. I don't know why this has happened, but whenever I try to boot the Raspberry, it asks my for my login credentials in the terminal, no GUI. This never happens. Once I put my credentials in correctly, it gives me:
mktemp: failed to create file via template '/var/lib/update-notifier/tmp.XXXXXXXXXX': Read-only file system
run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/95-hwe-eol exited with return code 1
/usr/lib/update-notifier/update-motd-fsck-at-reboot: 33: /usr/lib/update-notifier/update-motd-fsck-at-reboot: cannot create /var/lib/update-notifier/fsck-at-reboot: Read-only file system.
cat: /var/lib/update-notifier/fsck-at-reboot: No such file or directory
run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/98-fsck-at-reboot exited with return code 1

Then a bunch of stuff about warranty which repeats twice for some reason. I do understand that it has something to do with my SD card being read-only. All help is appreciated.

I would reckon that your SD card has been corrupted such that your best bet is to do a fresh install of whichever versionyou were using.
You might want to review what you did just previous to this happening, in case you provoke it again.
Derek

Hi,
Is there any way I can backup my stuff in order to do a fresh install and keep my data.
Thanks

Depends what your stuff is and where stored - if its all in your home directory, then you could access the root partition of the SD card (from a linux system) and save that, and then restore it on your new install.
Derek

You should always make a backup. You can get everything set up and copy the image. I know Kodi and Raspian have aps to back up your SD card. Not sure about Ubuntu. You could also copy it from Linux or Win via SD card reader. Now you can save data only, not everything installed or, tweaks.