After updating using Welcome, restart or not?

Hi chaps,

as the title suggests, I used Welcome to update earlier and noticed that “systemd” was updating with other packages (didn’t notice what they were!), after a successful update, there was no message about restarting (I did anyway!), is Welcome programmed to tell people to restart the PC after system critical updates or not?.

I am not sure if systemd is system critical but I just thought I would ask the question anyway. :smiley:

That was a bug that is now fixed. Welcome now only updates itself when subscribing to updates rather than performing a system upgrade.

1 Like

Okay @Wimpy, thanks for the reply. :smiley:

I’ve not used the Welcome center to update, but I do use the Software Updater, which does notify when to restart. So if you are worried about the notification, you can use the Software Updater.

@LordBaronMarshall,

Thanks for your reply LBM, I just wanted to clarify as to whether the update function in the “Welcome” tool would do the same as the software updater, as an example, if you use Synaptic for updating, it won’t tell you a restart is necessary either which might be bad news for a beginner!. :smiley:

1 Like