Allow users to restore applications shown on ALT + TAB by clicking on them

Hello folks, i used macOs for a while and a feature that would be nice to have on Ubuntu MATE would be when users use the key combination ALT + TAB, be able to click on that application and it will be restored. It happens to me every time, i use ALT + TAB and i step the application i wanted to select and i have to do ALT+TAB again, if i could click on the application i want, it would be much easier for me and for users in general. It would be terrific if MATE team could implement this feature, and i know that’s possible because, after all, it’s MATE Team right? That’s all. Thank you so much for this customizable, secure and lightweight system. Best wishes. I recorded a short video to show you what i’m talking about

2 Likes

In my honest and personal opinion, clicking Alt+Tab and then again touching the mouse to select the window where I want to focus on seems somewhat redundant to me; I can easily stay on the keyboard and switch to any window I want.

Also there’s the “window list” object that can be added to a panel, which allows switching between windows with your mouse by just clicking on it.

But that’s only an example. I want to select for example an application that is on the final of the list of applications. That video is just to say users aren’t able to do so

Why not just use multiple workspaces and the workspace switcher?

A far more efficient way of doing things.

1 Like

The “window list” object shows all the application windows in a workspace, give it a try :slight_smile:. It’s, in my opinion, more handy.

1 Like

I agree with Bulletdust regarding the multiple workspaces facility. Frequently when reading about bash commands I run a terminal in one workspace and the web site I reading in another. This allows me to ‘read/try’ without any problems.
I also use this when checking updates to the CAD programme I’m using.
When working between two similar documents for example I’ve been using the split window option for years.
Having said that at 81 my memory is frankly pretty short, so an additional key combination is not what I need so I’ll stick with what I know, or what I can remember.

Hal_v

1 Like