Ampps-installation

i am a using ubuntu mate 17.04 in a vmware which is installed on windows 10 and it’s doing very good, but the only problem that i have now is, i am unable to install 3rd party apps like AMPPS. i checked all the apps that are under welcom page in software and they are very great and easy to install but others like AMPPS requires permission from sudo.
I open the terminal { ctrl+alt+T } and it open like this { mlamleli@ubuntu:~$ } then i wrote { sudo ./Ampps-<3.6>-.run }as a way to install Ampps and i give me this answer { bash: 3.6: no such file or directory}
Even other apps receive the same answer.
all i wish to understand is everything about sudo and how to become a memeber of this group so that i can be able to install and work on Ampps.

Thank you

[quote=“sirzide, post:1, topic:13421”]AMPPS[/quote]Did you make sure you were in the correct folder when trying to execute the .run script? Did you download off a website? If so, it should be in your Downloads folder.

So, drop into a terminal and:

cd ~/Downloads
sudo ./Ampps-<3.6>-.run

The file is is available in the computer under download folder.
I downloaded using firefox bowser at ampps.com/download under linux section.
Then it appeared in my computer in download folder.
i opened the folder and highlighted the download then open the terminal { ctrl+alt+T } then i typed { mlamleli@ubuntu:~$ sudo ./Ampps-<3.6>-.run } then press enter.
this what appeared { mlamleli@ubuntu:~$ sudo ./Ampps-<3.6>-.run
bash: 3.6: No such file or directory }
i downloaded it again but still nothing. Xamp did the same.
i aware, there is small thing i am missing out, because everything i working well but installation is my only problem.

Any advice again??? plz…

This little bit alone tells me you’re not running the sudo from within the downloads folder. Else it would have said:

mlamleli@ubuntu:~/Downloads$

So, I repeat my original statement – cd into the Downloads folder and execute the script from there. As per my first post.