Artful: how to add get mail / mediaplayer integration into traditional layout panel

In a VM I created a layout on the Artful beta that is based on the “Traditional” layout.
I made some changes, like switching panel position and adding the Dock and Brisk menu.
However, I seem to be unable to get full indicator support with mail icon and mediaplayer integration.
Once I remove the existing indicator applet, I cannot add one (either the normal one or complete one) - it does not appear on the panel.
Is this just a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

1 Like

The “Traditional” layout as it stands right now is based on the non-indicator (applet + notification area) version. This should be changing in future so all the layouts are based on indicators, which is where those the mail / media player indicators are.

The easiest way for now would be to enable indicator support by switching to another layout as its base and then make your customisations.

This should really be made consistent across layouts, right now it is quite confusing.
Ideally, you should be able to create any layout from whatever base layout you choose.

1 Like