Can not boot Ubuntu-Mate (arm) for raspberry pi 3

I tried many times how to boot with Ubuntu-mate on my raspberry pi 3 B+. I always get the same result. I have created a picture on the screen. To access it, please use https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJFzCK-Y7r9V8te5Be_ATIiDr1RdrQuc/view?usp=sharing.

Does it mean something to somebody? Thanks.

Did you follow those instructions ?

Yes, I followed all the instructions. But, I am wondering if ubuntu-mate (current version) which is made to for armv7 (32 bit), and I have a pi 3 b+ (64 bit), could that be the problem?

I’m running 16.04.2 on both RPi2 and RPi3, so that isn’t the problem.
Further, I can use the same SD card install on either system - but have to sort out which interface I use of wifi or ethernet.
Derek

The new raspberry pi 3 model B+ requires new firmware to boot (since it uses new hardware) which is only available (as far as I can tell) with Raspbian Stretch. It may be possible to install the packages manually but I haven’t been able to find a list of the requirements. Let me us know if you find a work around!

In case you are interested, I made images for the Raspberry Pi 3B+ based on the findings of the community on the Raspberry Pi forums. Here are the torrents:
This one is for SD cards
This one is for USB drives

If anyone prefers a direct download instead of a torrent, send me a PM (not posting those publicly to save my bandwidth)

1 Like