Cannot Add Weather to Clock Applet (No Room!)

I think this is a different issue than the weather service issue that has been plaguing others.

I cannot add temperature or weather condition to the clock applet like I used to be able to. Not sure when it disappeared. Maybe a day or two ago.

Please see the linked video:

https://goo.gl/photos/rUJsyy6JsDK5oDzp7

As you can see, it tries to add the weather/condition, but there is no room for it, so it squeezes it out. I’ve tried under numerous panel configurations. I’ve even removed the “notification applet” and made plenty of room for clock. But clock won’t expand to make room for the weather/temperature icons.

I have added a location to the clock applet, which is how you get the option to show weather to show up in the first place.

I’m on MATE 16.04.1. Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Ben

Seen this?

I did, but that is in reference to the weather service being down, is it not? This seems more like a local programming problem.

If I have misunderstood, I will read it more carefully.

Thanks!
B.

Currently in order to get the panel weather app to work, the PPA must be installed. This upgrades your current 1.12 desktop to 1.14. You are running 1.12?

I think I might be on 1.12. I upgraded a different machine to 1.14, but not sure I upgraded this one.

How do I tell? I tried launching the application About MATE Desktop Environment, but I can’t find it. Pictured here:

Thanks,
B.

Open up your System Monitor (in your menu)

Yup, 1.12. I’ll update later today. Running out. Is the update destructive or does everything stay in place?

I appreciate your help!

B.

My issue is fixed by upgrading to desktop 1.14.

Once again, an extremely helpful community!

Thanks.

3 Likes