Can't Reinstall Firefox

[quote=“marfig, post:20, topic:13458”]With the loss of confidence on your sources.list file and without knowing when exactly this happened and why, you should also lose any confidence on your system integrity and stability. And that means a reinstall.[/quote]I’m inclined to agree and I’m also inclined to recommend investigating this matter further. Without knowing exactly what happened and how it happened, I personally would not rule out malware and consequently, a vulnerability in Ubuntu.

Not to sound overly alarmist but cause for concern exists even with a Linux-based OS such as Ubuntu. See the recent sudo vulnerability for just one example. Shellshock being another.

So best solution at this point is to back-up and do a fresh install?

[quote=“owl, post:22, topic:13458, full:true”]So best solution at this point is to back-up and do a fresh install?[/quote]It is the most certain way. We could keep looking. Heck, I even had the idea of finding someone else with a Pi give you a copy of their sources.list but ultimately warf has a point – we don’t know what happened so we don’t know what else got broken in the process.

Better to be safe than sorry, to err on the side of caution and to walk the certain path. :wink:

I got a few files off the RPi2. Then wiped the SDcard and deleted all the partitions. Re-downloaded Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, installed it.

Everything seems to be working and Firefox is pre-installed.