Can't reorder icons in Mate Dock Applet

Hello,
Using Ubuntu Mate 16.10 with Mate Dock Applet 0.75 from the repos. I unpined a launcher accidentely and added it again but I can’t reorder the icons anymore. From what I know, the dock removed the “move to left / right” option in 0.73 to go with drag & drop but only for the Gtk3 version. Isn’t the package from the Ubuntu 16.10 repos built for Gtk3? Is it a bug? How do I reorder my icons?

Hi @terzag,

right click "Applications" (top left panel) > Edit Menu and select what you want and move it up and down at will!:

The other option is run Mate Tweak and change the panel layout, log out and back in then change it back to Ubuntu Mate again!.

which will (should) reset the entire Mate panel but you will lose any settings and changes you made!. :smiley:

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. I’m using Mate Dock Applet, which is a dock (like Plank) that displays as an applet in the Mate panel (WebUpd8 has written a bit about it).

But nevermind, it looks like the issue has fixed itself, as I now can drag’s drop launchers to reorder them. Not sure what happened yesterday when i tried it (for the first time).

1 Like

Hi @terzag,

sorry but for some reason I read “Mate Panel” and not Dock :frowning: but you have it running now so all is in order I hope!. :smiley:

Yep. Just in case someone has the same problem after Upgrading from Ubuntu Mate 16.04 to 16.10, I forget to say that after I saw I couldn’t move the launchers, I modified the order manually in dconf-editor (org.mate.panel.objects.object-1.prefs − the objects numbers depends of the panel setup). Maybe that fixed its config or something.

1 Like