Can't resolve .coop domains?

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

I just updated to Zesty and I am having trouble accessing .coop sites using Chromium and Firefox.

This site can’t be reached
www.gaiahost.coop’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I also use a .coop domain for my email server and can’t access that either.

Everything still works fine on my other computer running 16.10

See the post above and try that workaround.

I grabbed 17.04 yesterday to check it out. First thing I noticed was the installer option to d/l codecs etc in the background was grayed out, and a statement that the option was unavailable because there was no internet connection. Strange, because NM applet shows a connection, and the logs show no problem regarding bringing up the interface. I completed the install anyway, and the Welcome app kept telling me how great things would be as soon as I connected to the internet. I attempted every fix I could find online and had no luck.

This is very disappointing and I have since wiped the install. It seems the problem is not Ubuntu Mate but some change to systemd, is that accurate?

I was able to successfully ping coopcreamery.coop shortly before noon.

Me too just now. I wonder if something Ubuntu changed or something in .coop.

Something in Ubuntu changed almost certainly. This afternoon I was in my office and one of the machines there has a 17.04 partition. As is/was my custom, when opening 17.04, I pinged coopcreamery.coop just after the desktop loaded and settled down. No good.

I then used synaptic to update the system and pinged the creamery subsequently. It was good! I logged out, logged back in and the double ethernet icons were also gone from the system tray - just a single wired connect icon. So my guess is that a new kernel fixed a problem in networking. Or perhaps a dns tool was fixed?

1 Like

There was a change to /etc/systemd/resolved.conf when I updated 17.04 yesterday.

Before:

[Resolve]
DNS=8.8.8.8
#FallbackDNS=8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 2001:4860:4860::8888 2001:4860:4860::8844
#Domains=
#LLMNR=yes
#DNSSEC=allow-downgrade
#Cache=yes
#DNSStubListener=

After:

[Resolve]
#DNS=