Color laser printer recommendations

I looked here for recommendations for a linux compatible color laser printer.

http://www.openprinting.org/printers

The amt of info is rather intimidating.

So, if anyone has some recommendations, I am all ears.

1 Like

I have had excellent results and longevity from Lexmark printers. Many are Postscript--which makes everything so much easier on Linux.

Not many printers listed in that document. There are many others that work on Linux. I always look for the inexpensive printers. My last two printers were Samsung color laser. They worked just fine for my needs. But I print mostly text documents. I only paid $140 for the C410 in 2014 and $199 for my c430 in 2019. You can find basic Lexmark and HP printers close to the same price.

Thanks. I found a c430 for $199 that includes shipping.

Do you fill your own toner cartridges?

The cartridges are easy to change out. (I just realized you said "fill", I never tried to refill, I just replace. The replacements last much longer than the original cartridge) One thing they don't tell you, you can use your browser to get into the printer settings. SyncThru Web Service is web-based software built into all network-connected Samsung printers. SyncThru Web Service is secured with a User ID and Password. The default User ID is admin and Password is sec00000, but it can be changed from the default. Also, I don't recall finding the print driver on the CD, you will need to download it from Samsung. See this post.

1 Like