Configuration file for mate themes color scheme

Which file holds traditional OK scheme color?

Tks.

Four of them. Yes, really. Plus half a dozen SVGs with cyan hardcoded in them, and half a dozen icons with cyan baked into them.

Unless you REALLY can't stand it, and are willing to burn days of time fixing things, just don't bother. I've repaired MOST of the pieces already, and will hopefully get the remaining parts into 20.04 along with the return of actual color choice for at least SOME themes, and that one will be first.
(I'll publish the theme before then, at which point changing the colors will "only" take you about an hour, if you don't want to wait til next year but aren't desperate to change things immediately).

2 Likes

Tks. I am waiting for. No problem.

Thanks for doing this work.
I have used Clearlooks/Clearlooks-Phenix/TraditionalOk since 2009...
I have always been happy with the GTK2 version, but the GTK3 version has gone up and down in quality. One thing that is missing from the GTK3 version is rounded corners on selected items in file managers. I'm not asking you to bring it back, just want to know if you think it is possible. See screenshot of recolored TraditionalOk GTK2 version with default rounded corners on selected objects. The GTK3 version does look very square in comparison.

TraditionalOk%20selected%20icon

IDK, TBH. (acronyms 4tw! :P) - I never use anything but the List view. And my 19.10 workstation is literally in pieces right now, so I can't even check! But since you've brought it up, I'll check once I'm done with that maintenance, and I'll look into making it happen if it's viable and not a huge PITA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Upon closer inspection I see that marked objects have slightly less rounded corners than GTK2, but they are still rounded in Caja and Nemo. In Thunar they are completely square with the same TraditionalOk theme.The answer to rounded corners is probably buried in the gtk.css file.

But now that I see that Caja has them it's less of a problem. Maybe there's some custom code that make them completely square in Thunar. Funny that after all these years I still think Clearlooks/TraditionalOk is one of the best themes if not the best theme.

I'm pretty happy with the GTK3 port, but as you mentioned it would be nice if the "hard coded" colors disappeared and everything followed the colors specified in the color section of gtk.css. Right now, I'm too satisfied to bother... and I actually do use different themes from time to time.