Conky-manager installation fails

I have just installed Ubuntu Mate 17.04, but cannot install conky-manager from the ppa. I just get a not found message.

Can anyone help.

Perhaps this will help -

I now get this message.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 conky-manager : Depends: realpath but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I need more information in order to help you. Which ppa are you using? I assumed that it was the one in the How To I pointed you to.

How are you trying to install conky-manager? I booted into a 17.04 version of Ubuntu Mate, added the Tony George ppa, https://launchpad.net/~teejee2008/+archive/ubuntu/ppa and then, using Synaptic, changed the Distribution version from zenial to wily as suggested in the How To. I refreshed Synaptic by clicking on the Reload arrow and conky-manager as well as several other packages displayed in the New in repository section. I clicked on conky-manager and installed it.

I just repeated this process in my default install of 16.04 and it looks like it will work even without changing the Distribution version.

Have you checked for some kind of “held broken package”? Are you trying to install everything in the TG ppa?

Edit: realpath is a transitional package to facilitate upgrades, can be safely removed. It installed without a hiccup on two of my 17.04 machines. I’m baffled.