Connect to Server and Windows Shares

With Connect to Server I can connect to my Windows Network and see all shared folders but that connection is gone during the same session unless I mount all shared folders on the network. AND on reboot the connection is gone completely and Connect to Server must be set up all over again which will last for that session alone… How can Connect To Server be set to reconnect on its sown with each boot? This all on RaspPi 2B.

Thank you!

I am not quite sure what you are asking,. But, below is a link to a post in a thread where I show how to mount all samba shares automatically at login so that they immediately appear in the top level network places menu:

I discovered the solution by trial and error. When the IP address of the Windows network share is put into the “Connect to Server” screen, if you check Bookmark and then add a bookmark name found at the bottom, the Windows share becomes part of the Places menu and remains there boot to boot and works to access that share. I now have a bookmark to my Windows PC on the network and also to a shared drive on the network.

Resolved and all works.

Thank you!

Going through the networking issues also, can I ask, once in connect to server, I add IP address of Win 7 box, in server tab.
Port: do I just leave alone?
Type: Windows share?
Folder: / What goes here, the name of the actual folder you wish to connect to, say, “Music”, or??? Do you leave forward slash?

Also, would it be easier to set all this up if I were connected via Ethernet cable

Thanks