Cupertino Plank Not Working Properly

Greetings. I set up the Cupertino layout on one of my smaller computers for the first time last night, and I like it. I have now tried to set it up on my main PC, but the Plank dock is not working properly.

I have set it to be “Transparent” with “Icon Zoom” on, yet neither of these work.

Perhaps I need to reinstall the desktop 1.14 or something? I’ve done a computer restart and update.

Can anyone help? I have MATE desktop 1.14 on 16.04.01 (exact same as my other PC where it worked).

Screenshots:

I thought it might be related to the new MATE Dock Applet, but uninstalling that didn’t help.

Hi @BenjaminNYC,

does this help?:

I’m not using Cupertino, but am using Plank. I’ve deleted the bottom default MATE panel. My Plank is configured transparent, bottom, auto hide, fill. This morning I found this entry in syslog …
org.mate.panel.applet.MultiLoadAppletFactory[4783]: ** (mate-multiload-applet:4955): WARNING **: Failed to get pixmap 16779554,613,0

Since the release of 16.04.1 I’ve only performed 1 manual software upgrade as I’m now relying on Software Updater

I have rectified the problem by toggling and changing my compositor.

2 Likes

Try this:
To startup items add this item:
Name: Enable transparency
Command: marco --replace -c
Description: Resets WM to enable transparency

1 Like