Desktop zoom in ubuntu mate

Hello everyone,

i’m using ubuntu mate 15.10 on a pc and i really like it, congratulations for this great distro :wink: .

Is would like to know if there is an easy way to zoom in and out the desktop like in xfce as shown in this video, i find this feature it really useful:

Thank you in advance.

Yep, the compositor Compiz is able to do this, you can set this in MATE Tweak The default keys are:

• Super Key + M to zoom in.
  • Super Key + N to zoom out.

The plug-in (Enhanced Zoom Desktop) and its keybindings and other settings can be configured in the CompizConfig Settings Manager (System → Preferences → Look & Feel)

Thank you problem solved!!!

Found out that Super Key + mousewheel works fine out of the box after enabling compiz in System → Preferences → Look & Feel → Mate Tweak

compizconfig-settings-manager isn’t installed by default and Super Key + M and N seems to me for negative colors effect.

1 Like

Ah, my bad. I must have either changed the keys ages ago, they wasn’t binded, or they’ve changed across versions. :confused:

Glad to hear, thanks for clarifying the defaults - Super + Mouse Wheel is even better, but I can’t seem to find it? :smile: