Does systemd fsck encrypted lvm setups?

Hi there,

I recently installed Ubuntu Mate, and accidentally forced a reboot with the Magic SysReq + b combo (I use Emacs with a custom keyboard layout that will end up sending this pesky “magic” key if I press Ctrl+Alt+b (a commonly used key combo in Emacs). I must say I was slightly surprised to find this sysctl enabled by default in Ubuntu Mate) …

Anyway, the point is that I wanted to check that my shiny new system had been properly fsck’d after the unexpected hard reboot, as the file system doesn’t get synced and unmounted with SysReq+b.

I had a look through the systemd journal and dmesg and could find no evidence of a fsck on the root filesystem. The only occurences of fsck in the systemd journal were in in relation to my EFI and /boot partitions…

I’m now concerned that my root partition wasn’t properly fsck’d, and was wondering if there are any systemd gurus who know how this is handled these days, specifically when an encrypted lvm setup is in use?

I have a tendency to be slightly anal & OCD about these kinds of things, and am never too sure what the possible ramifications of unclean shutdowns are. How resilient are file systems to these kinds of things and how overly neurotic am I being?!

Other than the sysrq default, I’m loving Ubuntu Mate so far, many thanks to all involved for all the hard work on a creating a thoroughly sane and pleasant to use distro :smile:

Does anyone have ideas about this/answers to this. Just managed to do the same thing again on another box I installed Ubuntu Mate on … doh!