Dual boot with Windows 10 Bitlocker enabled and UEFI

Greeting’s, I’m trying to dual boot with Windows 10 installed with 3 partition all of which (including system) are bitlocker encrypted. The system has UEFI mode enabled. I wanted to know the recommended manner installing Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS.

I would appreciate if I can be guided in this process so I don’t loose my data due to encrypted HDD. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I can’t help you in terms of any issues regarding encryption. But, in general terms, this is a couple of videos I did for someone else who wanted to install Lubuntu alongside MS Windows. The installation procedure for Lubuntu is the same as for Ubuntu Mate. So, the instructions should still hold true.

Be careful when setting up a dual OS because it’s very easy to lose your original installation. I set one up last year and grub wouldn’t work with my wireless keyboard…so I had to re-install Windows 7 …so now I have a separate hard drive just for Linux…Ubuntu Mate 16.04 is now my choice after trying many different distros . I have 2 professional music programs that will only run in Windows, but I don’t use them much so it’s Ubuntu Mate for me!