Error message after removing CopyQ

Uninstalled CopyQ using Synaptic a few minutes ago and rebooted. On return, the CopyQ icon is gone from Apps and the launch bar, but each time I try to do a C&P anywhere I get this error message:

! Command "copyq onClipboardChanged"
Error: execve: No such file or directory
1. copyq onClipboardChanged

Well, I know all that, I just uninstalled CopyQ...so why this message and how to get rid of it?

Note that Copyq is NOT shown as installed in either Synaptic or 'dpkg --list' in term. Which I suppose tells us that it's embedded inside Mate.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please check your Startup Applications. CopyQ is probably causing this error message.

1 Like

It's not in Startup Apps.

Please provide a screenshot. Your initial message is unclear as to what you were doing when this message appeared. Was this a crash message? Nothing is 'embedded' in MATE. Perhaps 'embedded' in your /home somewhere. We need clear communication to try to solve this.

1 Like

It wasn't a crash message in that nothing crashed. What was happening was whenever I copied anything, that message would pop up. A nag message more than a crash message. It was persistent in that it lasted through 2-3 reboots but just now, after I went back to Cinnamon and worked there for a while, when I came back to Mate, the issue seems to have resolved itself as it's no longer showing up when I copy. If it returns I'll get a screen shot. BTW, it was a black box with white lettering and said exactly what I showed in my original post. The ! was red. It was protected in that it wouldn't let me copy the message

I had the same problem. So, what happened was I started using copyq and then suddenly it started to act weird. It didn't show up in the system tray whenever I boot into my Linux distro ( pop OS! 20.04 ). I tried googling and found no result. Finally, decided to remove the application. Later on, I was having these pop ups show up whenever I select and copy something. I want to know how to remove this.

Any help is most appreciated.