I have an issue with Wine on Ubuntu mate.
I run small games which function very well in Wine, however for some reason when I restart the laptop the games seem to be having difficulties and all of them start windowed… there is not much consistency in that. So it looks like some setting is interfering with the resolutionswitching which needs to take place.I have an intel graphics chipset.
So let me list some of the facts else people will ask me to press alt-enter or adjust size in-game
- Setup: docking station, VGA connector with Linux resolution running in 1280x1024 60Hz
- Frozen-Bubble (Native Linux game) doesn’t seem to have this issue and switches to 800x600.
- Wine configured as Win XP, all Graphics options currently untagged, (with the window manager options the problem was existant)
The good part:
- When launching a game, it pops up in windowed mode, the maximize screen button is greyed out and in the options menu of the game full screen is deselected. When I tag it, the screen blacks out, switches resolution and I’m full screen in 800x600 which is great.
The bad part:
- I reboot the laptop and this full screen setting seems to be lost as my application starts in windowed mode again? At this stage when I try to change it into full screen in-game there is a small full screen black blink and the window is back windowed as if nothing happened. full-screen mode unselected.
I don’t have a clue where to start looking but would guess something with X.
My questions would be, why is my previous setting lost? Why doesn’t he start again after a reboot, and later if I reboot again he might allow to put it full screen. Why does he change mood?
Anyone up to helping me find this issue? I will try running Wine with Sudo now to see if there isn’t a permission issue or something. But would prefer to know the location of a log which indicates something on why he doesn’t switch resolution when requested by the game through Wine to Ubuntu.