Great job on Ubuntu Mate 17.10!

Looks like Mr. Wimpress and his team have struck gold in this latest incarnation of Ubuntu MATE!
With the only real version of Ubuntu I really like here that is a compliment.
I am not a Ubuntu fan much these days more into Linux mint and Manjaro but still this is something that I really like.
Loads of customization and options to choose from, no getting bored with the same layout all the time.
I have encountered one or two bugaboos on Ubuntu Mate such as the global menu not liking VLC so much and i am getting a few crashes here and there but for a interim Ubuntu release this is still better then how interim releases normally are.
I may not use Ubuntu MATE 17.10 as my daily driver but i am sure as heck interested to see what Ubuntu Mate 18.04 will deliver.
See you in April 2018!
I am really looking forward to it, though i am using Ubuntu mate 16.04 on my laptop but i dont have any issues with it so yeah no need to haunt here too long, but come april next year its party time :smiley:
I think for now i will go back to my old trusty Linux mint 18 or Manjaro Cinnamon, a coin toss awaits me.
If 17.10 diodnt have so many bugs in it i would use it.
Sure i could use 16.04 but not as up to date there MATE wise.

2 Likes

Global Menu and VLC working fine but there is a delay of a round one second when moving the focus from another application to VLC (across two screens). Other application the change is instantaneous. Ubuntu Mate 17.10 64bit & Mutiny.

Well I suspect my issue is stemming from me using a Nvidia card more specifically the GTX 1060 using proprietary drivers. Nvidia does have a few glitches like this