High system load on Raspberry Pi 4 8GB + various issues

Hello everyone,
I am running Ubuntu Mate Desktop, latest image available on the download page.
I have found several (minor) issues so far:

• system load is particularly high, even if CPU load is not. I thought this could be a swap file issue ("High load average but low CPU from top"), but I am not sure about it and I would not know how to change the settings, even if this were the case.
  • audio stuttering while watching videos on YouTube both on Firefox and Chromium, very likely related to the high system load
  • a few crashes, including two hard hangs. I am currently running at stock speed. I have tried overclocking before, but to be honest the issued remained so I thought I would go back to 1.5Ghz max
  • Telegram Desktop keeps crashing

Hope this can help and I would like to have your opinion regarding the high system load. Anything I could try to keep that low? I only have the browser (usually Firefox, including a few add-ons) running, plus CPU temp+CPU speed and System Monitor in the panel.

Thanks

same here..
i have Raspberry Pi 4 4GB

1.system load is particularly high.. sometime.
2.audio stuttering while watching videos on YouTube both on Firefox and Chromium, very likely related to the high system load

thanks..

I am using Raspberry pi4b 8GB model. Experiencing same issue. I installed ubuntu-mate by desktopify ubuntu server.Unfortunately, after boot the CPU running high. I tried to find the processes involved but it raised internal error.

Any solution to thisproblem?

Hello,

I've been having similar issues and I've noted Core 4 tends to have the highest load most often which I found strange... but I did notice lots of people having success with this article: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250850

Essentially they changed hdmi_enable_4kp60=0 to hdmi_enable_4kp60=1. Now I'm not sure if that's relevant to our case as frankly I'm not sure where they're finding this or how they're changing it (or even what OS they're on) but it seems to come down to the Pi automatically trying to output as if it's pushing to a 4k display and overcompensating even on lower res displays. That causes the CPU to push a higher load as it pushes too hard to produce too high quality of an image.

Please someone take a look to see what they can find and lmk?

Thanks