Honey I shrunk the number of visible indicators, I would welcome that!

I love having tons of indicators in the panel, they make things faster to operate. However, not having the possibility of shrinking/reducing the visible number of icons, it turns out that a lot of space is used. I.e. it’s not abnormal to have 10 or 12 indicators displayed, which takes too much space and almost half of a panel.

With that in mind, perhaps having an option of reducing the number of showing indicators and having the others shrank/compacted into one icon would be of great value, as it is made in other desktop environments like kde.

Would this be a viable thing to do?

1 Like

I indeed would like such a thing also, though I would want it distinctly Mate, and it would be possible with enough coding I would think (though I’m not a programmer so I would not know), perhaps have a dropdown and then tabs in the dropdown which would change upon hover (sort of like it is only a panel below a panel, but not an actual panel), it would also need to be a separate applet in the add applet to panel section so users could still use the normal way, and it could be a good panel space saver in the netbook layout for netbooks