Hot Corners Feature

Please,Please,Please lets add hot corners to the upcoming release.
Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what that means exactly, but do you mean “Scale” or “Expose” functionality?

Scale shows all Windows and Expose shows all desktops. Either of those can be invoked from hotcorners if you first enable Compiz and then install compizconfig-settings-manager and dig around in the settings :smile:

1 Like

i mean scale BUT with a minimalist compiz
compiz it’s a monster and disaster it’s just around the corner
it’s my own opinion

Gotcha… trust me I know the feeling. Compiz is pretty and actually useful, but I’m pretty much always waiting for the other shoe to drop with it as well. That said, UM has the most stable implementation I’ve seen.

Yeahh …adding scale hot corners is a good idea…it could be integrated into awesome MATE tweak tool… This could also comes with a top menu MATE applet option by default in MATE tweak tool

hot corners is the reason why I keep a very old and last release of a very interesting distro called fuduntu
to me that guy Wyatt is a genius :slight_smile:

june 2015 and no experimental hotcorners yet also the reason i am playing more with freya elementary os
hotcorners is extremely important and very productive :slight_smile:

1 Like

this has been long solved although I moved away from ubuntu mate for a bit:
1-install Skippy-XD: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:landronimirc/skippy-xd-daily && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install skippy-xd
2-add Keyboard Shortcuts for Skippy-XD Go to Settings Manager/Settings Editor/xfce4 keyboard shortcuts/Click on New/Property: /commands/custom/w Type: String Value: skippy-xd --activate-window-picker
3-add Skippy-XD at start up: Go to Settings Manager/Session and Startup/Application Autostart/click on Add button/Name:Skippy and Command: skippy-xd --start-daemon
4-reboot
now you can manualy press Alt+W to get spread windows or you can simply install the Hotcorner Plugin:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/extras && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xfce4-hotcorner-plugin
Panel/Add New Items/HotCorner (Right click/Properties/Custom Command: skippy-xd --activate-window-picker

Please make it so someone can select it but don’t force it on us please.

Elementary OS has the best hot corners implementation I have seen. It is simple and works out of the box. I hope that this will be available for Ubuntu MATE in one of the upcoming releases. Or is there a hot corners feature in UM that I have overlooked? It significantly increases productivity.

Interesting. I will need to give this a try in a live session some time and see how well it works out with UM.

I find this option especially critical because (unless I'm using it wrong) PLANK does not indicate what apps are even open. Whereas a quick dance into a corner and you'd know what you have open.

As I've surfed around and experimented with other distros, it seems the 'show desktop' hot corner doesn't work in most distros that offer it. Yet plank offers a docklet that does just that.

Is this fear of Apple suing? That hot corners on Linux might be too similar? If that's the case I'd suggest a button on plank that shows all windows... and if you want the desktop... just click anywhere but the windows.

Feeling like this should have been fixed a while ago.