How to download Ubuntu MATE 17.10 for Raspberry 3?

Yesterday I found a new upgrade for MATE 16.04, the updater told me that I can upgrade to 17.10.
But while installing new version… My SD card died…
If I install old version of MATE, some problems that can’t be described clearly would be found…
Now is the question, where can I download MATE 17.10, thanks a lot…
I can only find 16.04 on the page…

I don’t think anyone ever made a 17.10 image. My suspicion is that they’ll only do the LTS versions.

Could you tell me which version are you using now?
And how do you solve the problem with dpkg and software dependence?

I’m using 17.10, and I haven’t noticed any problems with software dependencies.

spadge@Moya:~$ uname -a
Linux Moya 4.9.78-v7+ #1084 SMP Thu Jan 25 18:05:49 GMT 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Interesting, the last time I attempted the 17.10 upgrade, my Pi wouldn’t boot afterwards and I had to go back to 16.10. Of course, I tried this a few months ago, maybe all the dependency issues have now been resolved.

Were you plugged in to the Pi while you upgraded?

First thing the upgrade does is disable all your software sources. It’s recommended that you use the GUI tool on the desktop.

It took a long time to complete but I’ve had no issues with it since. Oh, except that it broke Apache/PHP and I ended up having to rebuild all my Cacti graphs from scratch with the added bonus that I finally got CPU temperature measuring/recording to work.

Yes, I was sitting at the Pi being upgraded, keyboard, mouse, and monitor attached. However, I used the command line updater Ubuntu recommends occasionally when I log in remotely. I’ll back up my stable 16.10 distro and retry the 17.10 upgrade using the GUI tool instead. Will report back with success or failure. Thanks.

No luck with the GUI tool :frowning:

It appears that there is no upgrade path from 16.10 to either 17.04 or 17.10 as of this date. The command line tool do-release-upgrade also fails with a similar error that this upgrade path isn't supported. I missed the cut-off date for the 17.04 LTS upgrade. If anyone has an idea about how to fool the upgrade tool into accepting the jump from 16.10, I'd appreciate the help. I'd hate to start all over again from scratch with 16.04.2.

Ah. I went from Zesty to Artful. I guess Yakkety is a step back too far.

There’s this possible solution, or a worse hack I read somewhere else.

I just upgraded 16.04 LTS to 17.10
Does any one know how to pack up the image? so anyone can install it (go through the locale/create new user part)

Can’t I just use a iso to img converter?