I just wanted to say thank you

I am new to Linux. I normally use Apple products, but my wife took my Macbook when I bought an iPad Pro. Seeing the need for a laptop, I bought a cheap Asus X407MA that I could just kind of keep at the office and use it for things that I cannot do on the iPad Pro. However, after using the new laptop for five minutes, I was reminded why I stopped using Windows many years ago. So, I decided to give Linux a try. All of the distros that I tried prior to Ubuntu MATE were great, but there was this very annoying flicker at the top of the screen in each of them. I was going to give up and move back to Windows, but our IT guys recommended Ubuntu MATE. Not only is the flicker gone, but it is a really nice looking and intuitive OS. I am really enjoying it.

As I said: I am new to Linux and not really sure how it works. I see that there is a team of people that make and maintain the OS so that it can be free for everyone. I think that is cool on so many levels, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that puts hard work into making this OS so great. You definitely have a new fan in me!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @meiselstein, and thank you for the positive feedback. I have to agree, it is a really nice looking and intuitive OS. And thumbs up to your IT guys. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome @steven! I will let the IT guys know your response. They both use Ubuntu MATE and have been trying to get more of our staff to use it. I am in education though (I’m the Elementary Principal), so getting teachers to try new technology is difficult.