IBus panel tooltip bug?

I created a minimal install of Ubuntu Mate 20.04.01 yesterday and I am just setting up Timeshift and Déjà Dup for backups today. I wanted to roll back some changes I made for gnomegnome-control-center gnome-online-accounts and I thought it would be a good opportunity to test restoring a btrfs timeshift snapshot before I installed either of those packages.

On booting into the snapshot taken just a few minutes prior, I noticed a blue 'EN' in the MATE system tray which I had not before. When I click it a context menu appears with 'English - English (US)' directly underneath it but also directly underneath the panel on the top lefthand-side of the screen under the Ubuntu MATE Menu icon. This context menu on the left is frozen on the screen despite a *mate* - *panel* --reset, but I can remove the right hand side one if I right click the icon. When I reboot the icon is a keyboard but once I click anywhere on the top panel it changes to the blue EN letters. If I right click it and select about it brings up an About IBus popup.

If I right click the icon and select Emoji Choice, the Emoji Window appears top right like the duplicate context menu, is immovable, and there is no close or minimise option.

When I open the menu with this Emoji Window open, to try to open screenshot, no matter what I type a letter e is input first 'escreen', and I can only delete back as far as the letter e.

I tried rolling back again to another snapshot and observed the same issue.

I notced a startup program im-launch with a long command beginning sh and referencing ENV and I disabled it and rebooted but there was no change. I should probably leave this enabled anyway?

I am able to access the IBus preferences and uncheck 'Show icon' in system tray but this is not really a fix. I would like to keep setting up my system backing up as I go, but I am hesitant to do so if I am backing up a problem.

I have rolled back to another snapshot which seems to have fixed this.

Has anyone else observed this?

Probably not problem but have had problem with Ibus which seems to go away by going to Control Center / Personal / Language Support and letting it finish updating languages. This solved my insert special characters problem. (ctrl shiftxxxx) and enabling disable show icon. When I first clicked on Language Support it popped up message.

I have now rolled back to an earliest Timeshift snapshot due to another bug.

I know I did go into Language Support when I noticed the language has some how changed from UK to US English. Looking now Language Support including the Install / Remove Languages window, on what is basically a fresh install, I do not see any prompt or option to finish updating languages.