Idea for a simple security tool/ tweak

I was playing around with the panel settings and made this (albeit ridiculous) panel layout as I was trying to get my OS to look as ridiculous as possible. As it exists, it's totally impractical. But that gave me an idea. What if the mouse could go one pixel outside the confines of the display to activate a hidden button (a button all around the outside of one or more panels) that started a launcher of sorts. It could tell the computer to log out, or take a secret photo, or begin recording audio, or hide all windows and show desktop, play an audio file (as a prank on a friends laptop), or even call 911 and put the audio output on mute if its capable of doing so and such a program is actually needed. Just a thought. I'm not really a developer or a (real) programmer but I had the idea and decided to pass it on to those who do those kinds of things. Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this. Do what you will with this idea, or do nothing, make something based on it, redistribute it, modify it, etc.