Kernel Updates Fail on 19.04 still running 5.0.0-15 after Upgrade

My upgrades seem to go fine, until it gets to updating the kernel. I'm not sure how to fix this so that my kernel will upgrade to the latest. Here are the error messages from the terminal:
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.131ubuntu19.1) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.0.0-20-generic
I: The initramfs will attempt to resume from /dev/sda1
I: (UUID=97c5af9e-c68a-4c15-b73f-fca078d678fd)
I: Set the RESUME variable to override this.
mowest@C650:~$ uname -r
5.0.0-15-generic

Because of the mention of sda1, I would like to explain my partition scheme on sda which is a 128 Gig SSD.
/dev/sda1 - 1.9G Linux swap
/dev/sda2 - 94.1G Linux ext4, where Ubuntu Mate 19.04 is installed, boot flag on this partition.
/dev/sda3 - 23.3G Linux ext4, where Kubuntu 19.04 is installed, and the last system that installed Grub into the master-boot record of the drive.

I'm not sure if Ubuntu Budgie install messed things up by installing grub or perhaps the error messages above reveal a different issue. I don't remember this happening before when I have run two different Ubuntu versions on the same SSD.

Please see -

Thanks @mdooley for pointing me to that post on askubuntu.com. The update-initramfs seemed to work, however, I'm still booting up with Kernel 5.0.0-15-generic instead of 5.0.0-20 even though update-initramfs seemed to create the correct file for 5.0.0-20 and 5.0.0-17 and 5.0.0-15. I'm wondering if this is an issue with Kubuntu that is installed on sda3 and was the last distro to be installed, and I believe it is the one that installed grub too. Is there a way to give control of grub back to Ubuntu-Mate on sda2 without a full reinstall?

I rarely boot into Kubuntu, just installed it to test the latest version. Ubuntu-Mate is my daily driver.

You can easily deal with grub. Boot into MATE, then open a terminal and enter sudo grub-install /dev/sda if sda is your boot partition. Gparted can help with this if you are uncertain. Then enter sudo update-grub, reboot and see what your grub menu looks like. When grub displays, press e to edit. That should show you your MATE partition. Hopefully this will help your problem.

Good luck Steve.

Thank you so much @mdooley! You were correct, those commands worked, and now grub seems to be controlled by my Ubuntu-Mate 19.04 install. I ran uname -r and it shows that I'm now running Ubuntu-Mate on kernel 5.0.0-20-generic which I believe is the latest and greatest. It is confusing to have multiple entries for Ubuntu since I have dual booting on this computer Ubuntu-Mate and Kubuntu, but I understand why it does that. Thankfully for the Kubuntu Grub menu entry it lists the partition as sda3 which I know is where Kubuntu is installed. Thanks again, once again the UM community has my computer running in tip top shape. :smile: